Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Hare vs. Tortoise

For my first November post,  a project I'm doing for a class with Lilla Rogers, an artist's rep and illustrator who I worked with during my years as an art director. She runs an excellent school that focuses on creating art that can be licensed, an area I've been a bit fuzzy on. This is the project I particularly took the class for: children's picture books. We're doing a page for the well-known Aesop's fable. Hard to work on this without thinking of the Bugs Bunny version... or the beautiful 1934 Disney short. I'm going to wait to re-watch them until I'm done, otherwise I might be too easily influenced!

The Tortoise & the Hare by Mr. Aesop Fable


And here's the final piece.


2 comments:

AJF said...

Hi Ms Birdsong!
I am in love with your work!

I was wondering what kind of paint you use? I am currently using watercolor for, but I want to try other mediums as well :)

Stephanie K. Birdsong said...

Hi AJF, I use a combination of gouache and matt acrylics. Fun to work with. I used to do watercolors as well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...